Thursday, October 27, 2011

Pumpkin Pie Pops


I decided to make some more pie pops, however, this time I tried using a pumpkin pie filling... and I put them on orange polka dot paper straws! I made them the same way I did before so you can visit my other post here to follow the step by step directions.

The only difference was that I used a pumpkin pie filling, and I made my filling a little bit thicker for the pie pops by not adding all of the evaporated milk that the recipe called for. I just used the recipe on the back of the canned pumpkin, however this is way too much filling for just pie pops! Unless you're planning on making hundreds of them. ;) I made about 12 pie pops and also used my filling to make mini pumpkin pies in a mini muffin tray and still had leftover filling. You could still fill a 9" pie crust really well after making 12 pie pops because you only use a very small amount of filling in each pie pop.

To make the mini pumpkin pies I cut circles from the pie crust just like I did for the pie pops, but placed them in the mini muffin trays using a pampered chef mini-tart shaper. Then filled each one with filling just below the top of the crusts. Bake at 350 degrees for 12-15 minutes.

Linking up HERE.

10 comments:

  1. These are sooo cute! I made some pie pops before but felt like it was sooo much dough and not enough filling! lol :) You did a great job and the straws are such a cute touch!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love these, they are so cute! And I know they are yum!
    Thanks for a great idea!
    xo

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yum! Pinning these ;)

    ReplyDelete
  4. @MonicaThanks Monica. Yes, it is hard to get a lot of filling in the pie pops. I tried to roll my crust a little thinner, so that helped a little.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh my gosh, how CUTE are these? I want to eat one! Right now! Would you pretty pretty please share this great idea here?

    http://oneartmama.blogspot.com/2011/10/falling-for-crafts-challenge-7-holiday.html

    ReplyDelete
  6. Yummy! I think I have all the ingredients at home for these!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I really need to make some pie pops. I made cake pops and they were so good, but too rich. Are the pie pops less rich?

    ReplyDelete
  8. @The Cantelmo Family
    Hey Melanie,
    The pie pops are much less rich then the cake pops! You can switch up the fillings to whatever you like. :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. I love these pops! They look cute and taste great

    ReplyDelete

I'd love to hear from you!